Building and Contents Insurance

Get adequate cover for your home and the things in it.

Home insurance is a general term used to describe two very different types of insurance:

  1) Buildings insurance – for permanent fixtures and fittings, like kitchens and bathrooms

  2) Contents insurance – for things you keep in your home, like furniture, TVs, personal belongings and some types of flooring including carpets

You can buy both types of insurance separately, or in many cases, you can get them as a joint policy from one insurance company.

What is buildings insurance?

This is a policy which covers damage to the structure of your home such as the walls, roof and floors. It usually covers damage to fixtures and fittings too.

What does buildings insurance cover?

It covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it’s damaged. Policies vary from one insurer to another in exactly what events you’re covered for.

However, generally speaking you will be able to claim if your home is damaged by:

    – vandalism

    – subsidence

    – falling trees

    – fire, smoke, explosions

    – car and lorry collisions

    – water damage from leaking pipes

    – oil leaking from your heating system

    – natural events such as storms and floods.

Whether you own your own home or renting let IWP sift through the thousands of plans out there to get you the best cover.

Call us! It will only take a minute

Call us now to discuss your requirements